Monday, December 15, 2008

Who Will Let The Winter In???

Nearly the Feast of Winterlong. Today was just about the most painfully cold riding I can recall. In the morning I wore my sweats under my BDUs and it was just my face that got savaged. Cold like the proverbial witches titty. I'm not actually sure why witches breasts were supposed to be cold, but it was as cold as they were alleged to be.

Saturday night was first snowfall, stunning little flakes and I thought quite clearly "The first snowfall is proof of God". You might choose to disagree. Nonetheless it was fine. I wandered out to the Gasworks and listened to the water. The water moved like oil, thick and viscous, like a painting or a photograph with a long shutter opening.

Sunday was bright and cold again, but not so bad. I wandered down to see if Yoga was on, and as I expected it was not. Our teacher lives up in the 190's, which is much closer to Canuckistan and so receives more snow. So I wandered the streets, had some coffee (and a ginger/lime/agave shot- yow! Good stuff!) and made my way back to the house where I hid from the outside by staying in. And playing music, and putting up songs I probably shouldn't have on myspace.

But back to the pain. So it had warmed to the mid twenties when I left work, so I forwent the sweats and rolled down the hill in just my pants. This was unwise. My 'friends' withdrew inside my body so fast they left a vapor trail about an inch and a half long. You could see it from my groin! We are in negotiations about their repatriation to the outside world. Wish us luck.

No comments: